Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund
Bishop Evans Scholarship Program
Paying it Onward to Victory!
Facts About the Program
- The Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund, the "BESF" is a part of the University of Notre Dame Endowment that recognizes the contributions of University Alumni living in Denver, CO and the surrounding area.
- The program is part of the University of Notre Dame Endowment; funds are invested with the full university’s endowed funds.
- Earnings from the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund (BESF) are made available to students from the Notre Dame Club of Denver area as part of their total financial aid package, giving the NDCD a chance to directly help in the financial backing of students from the area.
- The Notre Dame Club of Denver's Fund was created in 1973 with goal to raise $500,000.00 in principal; the fund currently stands at $542,000.00.
The current market value of the Fund: $2,605,000, benefiting from university’s investment management prowess.
Club awarded nearly $129,300 to 32 students for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Since 1983, the club has awarded over $1.781 million to 271 unique student recipients (857 awards total).
- To raise an additional $500,000 for Scholarship over the next 10 years – we can do it!
3 Ways YOU Can Help!
NOTE: Donations MUST be made by 12/31/17 to qualify for the 2018 Football Ticket Lottery.
1. By Mail:
- When you make your normal tax-deductible 2017 contribution to the University Notre Dame, simply designate your contribution for the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund. It’s just this simple:
- Download the 2017 Contribution Designation Form (PDF format), and include it with your check/envelope to the University.
Please also make the payee of the check - UND Account # 621430 and in the memo line of your check, write "BESF Scholarship"
- Send the form with your check to the University at the address provided below:
University of Notre Dame
Department of Development
1100 Grace Hall
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
3. By Phone:
- Call 574-631-5150 and designation the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund – Account Number 621430
MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION FOR THE 2018 FOOTBALL TICKET LOTTERY COUNT LOCALLY!
- $100 contribution for those who graduated between 2008 and 2017
- $200 contribution for 1968-2007 grads.
- $100 contribution for those who graduated before 1968
- Parents and friends may also participate in the 2017 Football Ticket Lottery by making a minimum gift of $1,500.00.
Any of these contribution designated toward the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund will apply toward your minimum for the football ticket lottery. Also, if you or your spouse works for a matching gift employer, your Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund designated gift may qualify as a matching gift. Please inquire and multiply the impact of your gift!
Our local students need our help. Help your Notre Dame Club of Denver help them
with the simple designation of your normal year-end contribution.
For More Information
For more information on the scholarship program, contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org