Bishop Evans Scholarship Program
Paying it Onward to Victory!
Facts About the Program
- The Bishop Evans Scholarship Program is a part of the University of Notre Dame Endowment that recognizes the contributions of University Alumni living in Denver, CO and the surrounding area.
- The program is part of the University of Notre Dame Endowment; funds are invested with the full university’s endowed funds.
- Earnings from the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund (BESF) are made available to students from the Notre Dame Club of Denver area as part of their total financial aid package, giving the NDCD a chance to directly help in the financial backing of students from the area.
- The Notre Dame Club of Denver's Fund was created in 1973 with goal to raise $500,000.00 in principal; the fund currently stands at $516,000.00.
The current market value of the Fund: $2,500,000, benefiting from university’s investment management prowess.
Club awarded nearly $129,000 to 32 students for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Since 1983, the club has awarded over $1.52 million to 758 students.
To obtain $40,000 in additional designated contributions to the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund by 12/31/16.
- To raise an additional $500,000 for Scholarship over the next 10 years – we can do it!
How you can help – Three Ways to Get it Done!
NOTE: Donations MUST be made by 12/31/15 to qualify for the 2016 Football Ticket Lottery.
When you make your normal tax-deductible 2015 contribution to the University Notre Dame, simply designate your contribution for the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund. It’s just this simple:
Download the 2015 BESF Donation Form (PDF format), and fill out the information on the form.
Please also make the payee of the check - UND Account # 621430 and in the memo line of your check, write "BESF Scholarship"
- Send the form with your check to the University at the address provided on the form:
University of Notre Dame
Department of Development
1100 Grace Hall
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Make your contribution online by going to the Office of Development's Supporting Notre Dame page:
By clicking this link, our BESF designation information will be pre-populated for you.
Call 574-631-5150 and designation the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund – Account Number 621430
MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION FOR THE
2016 FOOTBALL TICKET LOTTERY COUNT LOCALLY!
Notre Dame’s minimum annual gift guidelines, to be eligible for the 2016 football lottery:
$100 contribution for those who graduated between 2006 and 2015, and prior to 1966;
$200 contribution for 1966-2005 grads.
Parents and friends (i.e. "Special Contributor") may also participate in the 2016 Football Ticket Lottery by making a minimum gift of $1,500.00.
Any of these contribution designated toward the Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund will apply toward your minimum for the football ticket lottery. Also, if you or your spouse works for a matching gift employer, your Bishop Evans Scholarship Fund designated gift may qualify as a matching gift. Please inquire and multiply the impact of your gift!
Our local students need our help. Help your Notre Dame Club of Denver help them
with the simple designation of your normal year-end contribution.
For More Information
For more information on the scholarship program, contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org